CIRA Announces .CA Registry Upgrade and 24 hour service outage
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) announced that it will be performing a system update to its .CA registry on June 12, 2012. In order to complete the upgrade, there will be a 24 hour service outage from 9 a.m. (ET) on June 12 to 9:00 a.m. (ET) on June 13.
During the service outage, the following Registrant transactions will be impacted:
- Registrants will not be able to submit new .CA domain registrations
- Registrants will not be able to approve the CIRA Registrant Agreement
- Registrants will not be able to update or renew existing .CA domain names
- WHOIS will not be accessible during the service outage
- Domain names in the Add Grace Period or the Redemption Grace Period scheduled to expire during the service outage will be extended by 24 hours
CIRA advises that full Registrant transactions are scheduled to return at 9:00 a.m. (ET) on June 13, 2012.