- over 45,000 applications were filed in the twelve month period ending March 31, 2007, reflecting a 4% increase over the previous year
- Canada remains the most common country of applicant origin, with nearly 20,000 applications filed; the US placed second, with over 14,700 applications, while applicants from Germany, France and the United Kingdom rounded out the top 5
- 90% of Canadian trade-mark applications were filed online; prior to 2004, only 20% of applicants were using the e-filing system
- despite the addition of several new Examiners, turn-around times remained the same as in the previous year, and an examination backlog of approximately 20,000 files remains to be addressed
- the number of Statements of Oppositions filed continued to decline, with just over 1100 filings; however, the number of Section 45 (cancellation) notices issued increased slightly over the previous year.
The full report is available here.